O/S : Aix, Linux, MacOS
Client end of day housekeeping and producing system information files.
[ -v -h ]
[ -d 0-9 ]
- This script must be run once a day at the end of the day.
- It's started via the SADMIN client crontab, by default at 23:23 every night.
- It run multiple scripts ;
- sadm_client_housekeeping.sh - It's the client housekeeping script ;
sadm_dr_savefs.sh - It save filesystems metadata for a Disaster Recovery ;
- It make sure all files in $SADMIN have proper owner, group and permission.
- Delete *.rch, *.log, *.nmon files that are older than the number of days specify in SADMIN configuration file.
- For more details on what the client housekeeping script does, please see "sadm_client_housekeeping.sh" man page.
sadm_create_sysinfo.sh - It create client system information files ;
- On Linux:
- The script create a file that contains all the metadata needed to recreate each of the filesystem.
- This file is used when you run the script 'sadm_dr_recreatefs.sh' to recreate all these filesystem automatically.
- On Aix:
- Script create a file containing the list of each physical volume, the VG they belong and space used on each of them.
- This file is used when you run the script 'sadm_dr_recreatefs.sh' to recreate all the volume group and with the filesystems in them.
- For more information on the "sadm_dr_savefs.sh" script, please visit the man page.
sadm_cfg2html.sh - It generate an HTML page and a text file presenting system information. ;
Output when running the script
- Run automatically every day to collect hardware & software information about the system.
    An exit status of zero indicates success
    Failure is indicated by a nonzero value, typically ‘1’.
Jacques Duplessis (email@example.com.).
Any suggestions or bug report can be sent at
Copyright © 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+:
- GNU GPL version 3 or later
This is free software, you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY to the extent permitted by law.
(Daily end of day script)
(Backup Save Filesystems information in order to recreate them from scratch)
(Recreate Filesystems from the information save by the "sadm_dr_savefs.sh" script)
(Run automatically every day to collect hardware & software information about the system.)
(Generate an HTML page and a text file presenting system information.)
- Specify debug level (0-9).
Value of 0 indicate that no debug information is to be displayed.
- Display this help and exit.
- Output version information and exit.
- EXIT STATUS
- SEE ALSO