O/S : Linux
The SADMIN tools can be updated to the latest version using this script.
sadm_updater.sh -f [sadmin_xx.xx.xx.tgz] -a -d [0-9] -v -h
Run this script to update to the latest version of the SADMIN tools.
Download the latest SADMIN version from our download page.
Put the file in a directory of your choice and run this script.
The updater will then ask you the location of the downloaded file.
This script will update part of your SADMIN installation directory that you should not have to changed.
- The update process will not changed anything within theses directories.
- usr (Your scripts and data)
- sys (Startup/Shutdown scripts) directories.
- dat (system data files)
- The update process may changed content the directories below,
but only after go have given your approval.
- cfg (Only dot prefix files)
- www (On SADMIN server only)
Prompt before updating core SADMIN files
Before updating a file that was modified, deleted or added since the last update, you will be
ask to confirm the update.
The rollback directory
Files updated by 'sadm_updater.sh' are copied to the rollback directory before the actual update take place.
The rollback directory location is "$SADMIN/setup/update/YYYY_MM_DD", where “YYYY_MM_DD” is
the date at which the updater was ran.
The rollback directory can be use to restore a file previously updated.
Running update in batch mode
If you want to update your system in batch, you can do it by providing the right command line switch like above.
    An exit status of zero indicates success
    Failure is indicated by a nonzero value, typically ‘1’.
Jacques Duplessis (firstname.lastname@example.org.).
Any suggestions or bug report can be sent at
Copyright © 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+:
- GNU GPL version 3 or later
This is free software, you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY to the extent permitted by law.
For a complete description on how to use this script, please refer to section
"Updating SADMIN software" in the SADMIN reference manual.
- -f [sadmin_xx.xx.xx.tgz]
- Allow to pass the filename of new SADMIN tgz file, without prompt for it.
- Turn ON the auto update, no question will be asked, all default will be used.
Used in conjuction with -f, it is possible to run the update in batch from a script
- Specify debug level (0-9).
Value of 0 indicate that no debug information is to be displayed.
- Display this help and exit.
- Output version information and exit.
- EXIT STATUS
- SEE ALSO